Easy-to-dissolve effervescent magnesium powder in delicious flavours.
Soothe is an easy breezy fizzy way to get your daily magnesium needs. Add it to water for a deliciously refreshing drink packed with premium ionic magnesium, the hardest-working mineral out there, responsible for hundreds of body functions. Soothe yourself. Your body will thank you.
ENHANCE YOUR ROUTINE
- Provides relaxation support to body and mind
- Relieves constipation and relaxes the digestive system
- Aids in maintaining proper muscle function, including the heart
- Supports energy and metabolism
- Helps maintain normal electrolyte balance
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus, for healthy bone support
- Suitable for vegan, vegetarian, paleo and keto diets
- Available in Unflavoured and Watermelon Lime
HOW TO USE
- Place 1 serving (2.5 g or ~1.5 teaspoons of powder) in a mug and add 75 ml of your favourite hot beverage. Let it fizz and stir until dissolved. Fill the rest of the mug with cold, cool or hot beverage make a full cup.
- Makes a great before-bed beverage. Add Soothe to your evening routine, to allow magnesium to relax your muscles and brain, allowing for a more restful sleep.
- Can also be taken with food if desired. This is a good choice if you have a sensitive stomach, or if you experience looser-than-desired stool.
- Choose refreshing Watermelon Lime flavour to mix with hot water, or pick unflavoured, best mixed with herbal tea or your favourite hot beverage – you choose what it tastes like!
MAGNESIUM CITRATE SOOTHE – WATERMELON/LIME 250G
Magnesium is a mineral which is essential for the functioning of your body. It is found in muscles and soft tissues like the heart and brain, and extra is stored in bones and teeth (which also keeps them strong, and keeps calcium in proper balance). Magnesium is involved in hundreds of roles, including energy production, nutrient metabolism, producing DNA, regulating blood sugar, balancing mood, relaxing the body and mind, controlling electrical charges across muscles and nerves and over six hundred enzyme reactions. It also acts as an electrolyte, keeping pH levels balanced and water flowing across cell membranes. Sounds pretty important, indeed!
Like mentioned, magnesium is essential which means we don’t make it, but need to intake it from our diet or supplements. Magnesium is rich in plant foods, especially those high in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll, the substance that gives plants their green-ness, is essentially ‘plant blood’ and is high in magnesium. Seaweeds, dark leafy vegetables, fruits and veg, nuts, seeds, legumes and whole grains are all great sources. But magnesium is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies – over 35% of Canadians aren’t getting the estimated average requirement of magnesium from their diet. This is due to a lack of whole, fresh foods in the diet, along with other factors like poor digestion, taking certain medications, the intake of caffeine, alcohol, sugar and cigarettes, and a lack of magnesium in the soil due to nutrient-depleting farming practices. This leaves our body low in the mineral that is involved in so many vital jobs. No wonder we’re not feeling optimal!
Many of the functions listed above involve magnesium’s role in relaxing various systems in the body. Think of something stressful – everything gets tense, right? Well it’s magnesium that allows all those cells and tissues to relax. This goes for your muscles and heart, as well as digestive tract and nervous system. These areas are supposed to get tense when you are in danger, to allow you to run away or fight. But because we’ve added so many more stresses to the plate, and get stressed over so many things that are less than life-threatening, modern-day humans are staying in their fight/flight/freeze mode of their nervous system more often. This leads to a higher overall need for magnesium. Less going in, more required. We might be in trouble!
Supplementation can help to make up for this imbalance. Organika’s Soothe provides magnesium as magnesium citrate. With magnesium bound to salts (like citrate), about 30-40% of the magnesium is absorbed into the body and tissues, helping our muscles and nerves relax. The rest stays in the digestive tract, where it can help ensure proper regular bowel movements. These salts attract water, bringing fluid to a backed up or unresponsive colon. This is super beneficial for relieving constipation and can be taken daily without dependance. This format allows Soothe to soothe all parts of the body, mind and colon!